Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PHOTOGRAPHER STYLE

Ladies with DSLRs, we can now go beyond flak jackets and masculine, black nylon cases.  Finally, we have a handful of camera bags choices to go with whatever chicness you have going on that day.

The latest to enter the market is a top loading camera bag from a blogger, Andy, at stylescrapbook.com:

from stylescrapbook.com

So cute, with the chain link strap and snakeskin embossed leather!  (Wish I'd seen this way before.) Great for when the camera is all you need.  In fact, great even without the camera.

Acme's bowler bag is another cutie.  This adorable, tomato red bowler might actually assuage my nostalgia for Prada's vintage bowlers.  (Can't you just see yourself in a full skirt toting this bag?)  This bowler is deceptively small -- it can take your DSLR with lens attached, plus stow another lens beside it.

Acme bowler-style camera case


For larger bags with more compartments, I looked into Dre Hartmann, newbie to ladies' camera bags.  Their Cameron model has a rugged stylishness to it.  Hartmann's luggage-weight canvas and two-tone designs give them a timeless, "Out of Africa" feel.

Dre Hartmann Cameron camera bag


On a recent trip, I needed a lightweight equipment bag -- large enough for an extra telephoto lens, battery charger, other accessories PLUS my purse, iPhone and personal items.  Dre Hartmann's Monaco bag was my entire carry-on.  In fact, an extra lens pocket couldn't have been a better water bottle compartment.  (But don't spill on your camera)

Dre Hartmann Monaco camera bag


Extra bonus: external zip compartments masquerade as leather trim.

In a pinch, while searching for a camera bag, I found a second life for my Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag.  Great for lugging around camera equipment, plus your kids' snacks & activity books.  I was transported.  The messenger bag slung across me made me feel like a hip, young mom again.

Petunia Picklebottom
Messenger style diaper bag
(convertible back pack)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...