The trick is to make what you have work twice (or thrice) as hard. We begin with a basic travelling dress: a fitted sheath in a stretch fabric blend for comfort. The light ruching on the side adds soft drape.
|Airport to Lunch|
For the airport, comfort is key:
- Throw on a knit, like this cotton capelet
- Distressed leather shoes are surprisingly comfortable with the platform style and thick, rubber soles
- Ballet flats work just as well and make it easy to put your shoes through security
- The look can go straight from the airport to a lunch appointment or casual meeting.
For your evening look,
- Switch to a stretch, marabou bolero for packable, evening glam
- A wide, accent belt cinches your waist
- Black, suede booties with ruching and a bow finish the look
- The booties can work the next day with black cigarette pants
These are tried and tested. I just came from a 3-day trip with workout clothes, 2 casual, 2 daytime and 2 nighttime outfits, all within one roller case. Airlines can't keep you from being chic!