Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BARCELONA BUZZ

I love the Spanish fashion houses that gave us reasonably-priced chic in the form of the Mango and Zara stores.  Now, there's a new import from the land of Picasso.

My good friend and I were just wandering in Beverly Hills after lunch when we discovered a new boutique called Desigual.  The bright splashes of color just drew us in!  (Their opening promotions of free limited edition t-shirt, beach bag, and no sales tax were added bonuses)


Multiple panels and textures

Eclectic and modern, just like their artistic heritage.  Unlike Mango and Zara's black and neutral color palette, Desigual's explosion of color really brings Spanish flair to mind.

Embroidered elephant


The shapes were all very simple in order to let the brightly colored panels stand out.  The fabric is easy, stretch jersey.  It works as well on the beach as a cover up, or in town for dinner.

Back side of the dress
Best discovery of all is what I found out when I got home: the dress could be worn backwards.  Double-duty with style is what I call Good Design!

The first US store opened in SoHo, NYC just last fall.  I walked into their West Coast shop in LA when it was just 2 days old.  With spring in the air, these bursts of color were just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...