|Bottega Veneta Spring 2010|
Why do so many brides and debutantes wear the classic strapless gown? Because they are so naturally flattering!
The average woman - whatever the state of her tummy or derriere - has presentable collarbones and shoulders. The fitted bodice of the classic strapless dress, particularly if stiff with corset boning, can seem to make any tummy flab disappear.
(Also see the Oscar de la Renta strapless dresses from the last blog entry.)
|Jason Wu Spring 2010|
|Spring strapless day dress|
- Choose stiffer fabrics that retain their shape and "hold you in"
- Taffeta, Silk faille, shantung silks are some examples
- Make sure the top fits so you are not constantly tugging all evening.
- Time to bring out your best jewelry to accessorize: chokers or bare necks with dangly earrings look good
- A silk organza wrap or other cover is an elegant finish
|Stiff pink satin accent|