Sunday, November 14, 2010

TRAVEL: ANTIDOTE TO THE GREYS

I'm packing up for Thanksgiving Week in Seattle.  The capital that gave us Grunge also happens to be grey and damp at this time of year.  So I dig through my closet for the easiest antidote:  COLOR!  

The biggest impact comes from the overcoat.  Updating the old overcoat is a cinch.  Hint: it's all about accessories.  Pack several knit scarves.  Also, suede, clog boots with tassels feel just right in Seattle.

Knit scarf: frilly/multi-colored/multi-textured
Any scarf can update an old coat

Another option:  a vintage wool coat acquires Style with a fur collar.  To avoid the time warp feeling, mix it with hip boots.  Or, you could really update it with a wide, brown, leather belt.  Go waist-to-waist with Michelle Obama.


Vintage coat gets Style from the  collar

I showed this ladylike coat last Easter.  I plan to winterize it with a nearly-black fur collar.

Change the look on
this Easter coat by adding a
nearly black, fox fur collar

What do I pack to wear underneath the coat?  Most likely sweater dresses (great for wrinkle-free packing) with black, cable knit tights like the look from Anthropologie I posted last week Transition Weather Looks:

Anthropologie, October 2010 catalog

That about fills up my suitcase.  Now to work on my books and magazines ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...